The library is currently seeking a
part-time Circulation Clerk.
Application can be found at the bottom of this page and filed in person
or submitted online to email@example.com
Contact Kelsey Pruitt with any questions (217) 543-2037
Clerk will act as a representative of the library by providing consistent service to library users
20-30 hours per week, some weekend and evening hours. Starting pay of $12.00 an hour. Hourly wage, PTO, and paid holidays are negotiable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understands and applies the library policies and procedures while safeguarding confidential and restricted information.
2. Checks library materials in and out.
3. Collects fines and fees.
4. Processes new patron registrations and renews library cards.
5. Assist patrons with reference questions, computers and/or tablets, or copying and faxing.
8. Process holds on materials and notify customers when they receive items.
9. Shelves materials and periodically read and order shelves.
10. Keep work areas neat and orderly.
11. Cleaning the library if required between janitorial staff visits.
12. Attend necessary training to participate in continuing education.
13. Perform opening and/or closing procedures.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time—2 hours or more.
3. Ability to remain calm and effective in difficult situations.
4. Ability to utilize basic math skills.
5. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
6. Ability to bend, kneel, sit, stand, carry and climb a small step stool.
7. Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
8. Able to push a cart of at least 50 pounds.
9. Have the ability to see and hear patrons, both in-person and on the telephone.
10. Able to see and read computer screen and able to type and scan material into the computer.
11. The ability to use computers and various hardware/software applications.
Staff members will be assigned other responsibilities based on their abilities and area of interest.